Re: it's not in Tolkien

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 84 , May 10, 2007
      I kind of liked the "searchlight" effect (especially at the end, in
      the destruction) as a purely VISUAL image. It would be stupid in the
      book, but it did communicate the idea of Sauron's restless, ceaseless
      searching.

      > If Sauron The Disembodied Eyeball ever got the Ring back, how would
      he wear it?

      As a halo?!

      -- Lynn --

      (re: Jackson and horror films, my first complaint was about PJ's
      fixation on the bad dental work of orcs...)
    • William Cloud Hicklin
      Message 84 of 84 , May 25, 2007
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Emerson
        <emerdavid@...> wrote:

        > >There was once a science-fiction story in
        which a man from our present day
        > >wakes up in the distant future and asks for a
        hamburger. The futurians
        > >reply, "A hamburger is a citizen of the
        German city of Hamburg. Were you
        > >cannibals in those days?"
        >
        > Does this have something to do with John F.
        Kennedy being a jelly doughnut?

        > emerdavid

        LOL!