Re: it's not in Tolkien

  • Mariette Knoblauch
    Message 1 of 84 , May 7, 2007
      >Anyway, my own list of movie deviations from the source material, in
      >no particular order:

      Could you please add the part where Arwen Evenstar (remember, the Evenstar
      who does not wax or wane) is leaving with the other elves?
      And that whole bizarre "Ha-ha Spider-Man I've kidnapped your girlfriend"
      thing just mentioned, where Sauron is somehow imperilling Arwen.

      And Gimli - 'nuff said.

      Mariette

    • William Cloud Hicklin
      Message 84 of 84 , May 25, 2007
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Emerson
        <emerdavid@...> wrote:

        > >There was once a science-fiction story in
        which a man from our present day
        > >wakes up in the distant future and asks for a
        hamburger. The futurians
        > >reply, "A hamburger is a citizen of the
        German city of Hamburg. Were you
        > >cannibals in those days?"
        >
        > Does this have something to do with John F.
        Kennedy being a jelly doughnut?

        > emerdavid

        LOL!