RE: [mythsoc] Sauron Redivivus

  • Bonnie Callahan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2007
      --- "Oberhelman, D" <d.oberhelman@...> wrote:

      > And of course we also have the wonderful hooded
      > Sauron on the cover of the Ace Return of the King.
      *********
      Re those ACE Covers:

      Anyone want copies? I'll scan in mine & send to
      anyone who wants to see Jack Gaughan's work.

      Graphic--but effective-- in 1965!!!

      My brother brought 'em around in July '65, & PESTERED
      me MERCILESSLY to read the puppies for a YEAR! Caved
      in around Aug. '66--after seeing a classmates ceramic
      art based on Tolkien at a local arts camp in the mtns.

      However.....I was TRULY sucked in when I happened to
      be plowing thru "Fellowship" the day before ascending
      Mt. Whitney with my Scout Troop. I WAS in the Misty
      Mtns!

      Again, Bonnie