RE: [mythsoc] Ring around the eyeball. (HeeHee)

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 84 , May 7, 2007
      >From: Bonnie Callahan <bonolatm@...>
      >
      >I never saw Sauron as being an "EYE", in the way
      >CBS wasn't an "Eye". That was just his LOGO.

      And what was the line from the old filk song?

      "[something about Sauron being defeated]
      [and Mordor] ... was a mess
      But he had a scheme, I fear
      To exploit the palantir
      And the Eye is seen each night on CBS!"

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • William Cloud Hicklin
      Message 84 of 84 , May 25, 2007
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Emerson
        <emerdavid@...> wrote:

        > >There was once a science-fiction story in
        which a man from our present day
        > >wakes up in the distant future and asks for a
        hamburger. The futurians
        > >reply, "A hamburger is a citizen of the
        German city of Hamburg. Were you
        > >cannibals in those days?"
        >
        > Does this have something to do with John F.
        Kennedy being a jelly doughnut?

        > emerdavid

        LOL!