RE: [mythsoc] it's not in Tolkien

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 84 , May 7, 2007
      I'm working up a reply, but off the record, this is one of the papers
      Ted accepted, so I had to publish it. "Disembodied state" was probably
      not the best phrase to use, but I skimmed over it because I was pretty
      sure what she meant - but I'll explain further on record.

      (In fact I just heard from Joe Christopher that Ted accepted two papers
      from him that I have no record of - so there may be more out there. If
      you think you have anything pending with Mythlore, let me know - I don't
      have anything from you in my "under consideration" file.)

      Janet Brennan Croft
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 104NW
      Norman OK 73019
      Fax 405-325-7618

      Editor of Oklahoma Librarian

      "There is not such a cradle of democracy upon the earth as the Free
      Public Library, this republic of letters, where neither rank, office,
      nor wealth receives the slightest consideration." -Andrew Carnegie,
      industrialist (1835-1919)

      Message 84 of 84 , May 25, 2007
        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, David Emerson
        <emerdavid@...> wrote:
        > >There was once a science-fiction story in
        which a man from our present day
        > >wakes up in the distant future and asks for a
        hamburger. The futurians
        > >reply, "A hamburger is a citizen of the
        German city of Hamburg. Were you
        > >cannibals in those days?"
        > Does this have something to do with John F.
        Kennedy being a jelly doughnut?