Re: Mythcon travel issues

  • lynnmaudlin
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 2:02 PM
      Do you remember the first Wheaton Mythcon and we essentially demanded
      the committee arrange to pick up the folks flying in?! wow, times have
      changed (and we've grown up and entered the Real World, I dare say...
      but at Mythcon we return to Middle-earth).

      My sympathy to the folks whose regular driving lives will be
      negatively impacted by this accident-- (AMAZING nobody died and, to my
      knowledge, only the tanker driver was injured - wow).

      -- Lynn --

      Message 2 of 7 , May 2 3:11 PM
        "I =TOLD= you that the East Road faded out long before it got to the River
        Running, but did you listen to me? No, you had to barge straight through,
        and now here we are, stuck in Mirkwood without even any black squirrels to
        eat."

        At 09:02 PM 5/2/2007 +0000, lynnmaudlin wrote:

        >Do you remember the first Wheaton Mythcon and we essentially demanded
        >the committee arrange to pick up the folks flying in?! wow, times have
        >changed (and we've grown up and entered the Real World, I dare say...
        >but at Mythcon we return to Middle-earth).

        Well, we can't pick up everybody, and even at Wheaton we didn't try. We
        will pick up the Guests of Honor, though. That's already been arranged.

        >My sympathy to the folks whose regular driving lives will be
        >negatively impacted by this accident-- (AMAZING nobody died and, to my
        >knowledge, only the tanker driver was injured - wow).

        Thank you. Even aside from the lack of lives loss, this seems to be
        causing less impact to traffic than the collapse of the Cypress structure
        in the '89 quake did. Let alone that this may well be fixed within a few
        months, and that was out for five years or more.

        DB