Re: [mythsoc] Source of Tolkien quote

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2007
      I don't recognize that quote. It doesn't come from anything in
      LETTERS OF JRRT. And if Tolkien had made such a definitive statement
      on such a contentious point as the balrog's appearance in any
      published source, I suspect we'd all be v. familiar with it. So I'd
      treat the statement as suspicious unless you can confirm it.
      Sorry not to be helpful.
      --JDR