Re: [mythsoc] another C.o.H. review

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2007
      On Apr 16, 2007, at 11:17 PM, Bonnie Callahan wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I searched their website and came up with zip. Anyone
      > have better luck?
      >
      > Bonnie

      Sorry about that; the review (an AP piece) was there last night, but
      seems to have been taken down.

      ----------------------------

      However, a friend just sent me a link to a much better piece, which
      not only has an interesting picture of JRRT but also a photo of Adam
      Tolkien and accompanying interview.

      ------------------------------

      I did find another review, the worst I've seen yet, by Marta Salij, at

      http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070417/
      YAK03/70417029/1001/NEWS

      --basically she sneers at it for not being another LotR, and taunts
      "Tolkienheads" who might admire JRRT's early work.

      Finally, a long, thoughtful interview with Wayne & Christina has just
      been posted at Tolkienlibrary.com:

      http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/
      Wayne_Hammond_Christina_Scull_Interview.php

      --JDR