Charles Williams reprints...

  • John R. Mabry
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2007
      Dear friends,

      Just a note to let you know that we here at Apocryphile Press have
      succeeded in getting several of Charles Williams' out-of-print books
      back in circulation, thanks to the cooperation of the Williams
      estate. The following titles may now be ordered from amazon.com, or
      special-ordered from any bookstore in the US or Canada:

      The Image of the City (and Other Essays)
      Windows of Night (poetry)
      Poems of Conformity
      Divorce (poetry)
      The Figure of Beatrice
      Witchcraft
      He Came Down from Heaven and the Forgiveness of Sins
      Outlines of Romantic Theology

      These are all high-quality paperbacks, with handsome new covers. We
      do not expect to make much money on these books, but are reprinting
      them out of love of CW, CSL, and JRRT. They have meant a great deal
      to us. Our initial goal is to make sure that all of CW's books are
      back in print, and book-by-book we are working towards that goal.
      CW's biography of Henry VII will be coming soon.

      Thank you for your support of Apocryphile titles in the past, and
      please remember, we are always interested in new titles for our
      Inklings Heritage Series. Any books by or about the Inklings or
      Inklings-related topics will be cheerfully considered.

      All the best,

      John

      _______________________________

      John R. Mabry, PhD
      Publisher
      THE APOCRYPHILE PRESS

      1700 shattuck ave. #81, berkeley, ca 94709
      apocryphile@... | 510-290-4349

      www.apocryphile.org

    • Elena Rossi
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
        --- "John R. Mabry" <jmabry@...> wrote:

        > Dear friends,
        >
        > Just a note to let you know that we here at
        > Apocryphile Press have
        > succeeded in getting several of Charles Williams'
        > out-of-print books
        > back in circulation, thanks to the cooperation of
        > the Williams
        > estate.

        This is an excellent initiative!
        I only wish to add that people in Europe may find
        cheaper ordering them at
        http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/ , that is British and
        has free delivery to all Western Europe (and seems the
        only European site to distribute them). Unfortunately
        they don't seem to store the first title, "The image
        of the city", but all the others are available.

        Regards
        Elena
        (no affiliation to any bookshop; just living in Italy
        and looking for the cheapest alternative!)

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail