RE: [mythsoc] Which Lewis Biography?

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
      I would concur that JACK is the best of the lot; John Rateliff and David
      Lenander have already expressed some reasons why. I've still got only
      the first edition. When we visited him in 1994 and 1996, George Sayer
      was rather emphatic about the Mrs. Moore-Lewis liaison; Maureen was his
      source, he said. He says as much in the interview with Lyle Dorset
      found in Wheaton [Ill]. College's Wade Collection. Sayer's other
      miscellaneous Lewis reminiscences, which have published in several Lewis
      collections, are also good. True, he had an affection for Lewis, but
      that certainly is preferable to Wilson's seeming antipathy. And
      Wilson's factual errors are inexcusable.

      Other titles of value: THE INKLINGS by Carpenter; BROTHERS & FRIENDS ed.
      Kilby & Mead; THEY STAND TOGETHER; ALL MY ROADS BEFORE ME, wherein
      Lewis' journals reflect the everyday domesticity of life with Mrs.
      Moore.

      From: "Jason Fisher" <visualweasel@ <mailto:visualweasel%40yahoo.com>
      yahoo.com>