On the Sayer biography

  • Joe R. Christopher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      Jason--

      You mentioned getting the George Sayer biography of Lewis. If possible,
      get a copy of:

      George Sayer
      _Jack: A Life of C. S. Lewis_
      London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1997

      This is technically the third edition (1988, 1994, 1997), and it is the one
      with an extended introduction by Sayer (xi-xxvi). In the introduction,
      Sayer makes it clear that Lewis and Janie Moore were lovers (xvii-xix). My
      copy is a paperback; I think it was issued only in paperback, so it
      shouldn't be too costly to pick up from England.

      --Joe