Re: [mythsoc] Which Lewis Biography?

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
      Jack by George Sayer. ---djb
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jason Fisher" <visualweasel@...>
      To: "Mythsoc Listserv" <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:09 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Which Lewis Biography?

      > A question for the Lewisians on the list. I'm looking to read a Lewis
      biography, and I'm interested in the concensus of this group as to which is
      the best one.

      > Thanks!
      > Jason

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
        I would concur that JACK is the best of the lot; John Rateliff and David
        Lenander have already expressed some reasons why. I've still got only
        the first edition. When we visited him in 1994 and 1996, George Sayer
        was rather emphatic about the Mrs. Moore-Lewis liaison; Maureen was his
        source, he said. He says as much in the interview with Lyle Dorset
        found in Wheaton [Ill]. College's Wade Collection. Sayer's other
        miscellaneous Lewis reminiscences, which have published in several Lewis
        collections, are also good. True, he had an affection for Lewis, but
        that certainly is preferable to Wilson's seeming antipathy. And
        Wilson's factual errors are inexcusable.

        Other titles of value: THE INKLINGS by Carpenter; BROTHERS & FRIENDS ed.
        Kilby & Mead; THEY STAND TOGETHER; ALL MY ROADS BEFORE ME, wherein
        Lewis' journals reflect the everyday domesticity of life with Mrs.
        Moore.

        <http://www.mythsoc.org> org