Fw: Matthew Dickerson to attend Medieval Fantasy Festival in Vacaville, CA

  • Edith.Crowe@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 9:07 AM
      Here's an excuse for a trip to California in April. This used to be called
      the Middle-earth Festival before the Tolkien Estate got on their case.

      Corresponding Secretary of the Mythopoeic Society (http://www.mythsoc.org)
      ----- Forwarded by Edith Crowe/SJSU on 03/22/2007 09:07 AM -----

      Betty L <otternaturestore@...>
      03/21/2007 08:19 PM

      Edith.Crowe@...
      cc

      Subject
      Matthew Dickerson to attend Medieval Fantasy Festival in Vacaville, CA

      Dear Edith,

      Here is a copy of one of our press releases. I hope that some of you
      will be able to come. If you are, please make yourselves known to me. I
      would love to meet you.

      Betty

      * * *

      The third annual Downtown Vacaville, CA festival in April has a new name
      this year, the Medieval Fantasy Festival. This Earth Day Faire with a
      Celtic Flair will be held on April 20 - 22, 2007.

      Special guest Matthew Dickerson will be featured in a forum to be held
      at the Town Square Library on Friday evening, April 20. On Saturday
      Dickerson will speak again and will take questions from the audience.
      Guests may purchase his books and have them signed. Dickerson is the
      author of Following Gandalf, Epic Battles and Moral Victory in the Lord of
      the Rings. He has co-authored From Homer to Harry Potter, a Handbook on
      Myth and Fantasy. Especially appropriate for this Earth Day weekend is his
      most recent co-authored book, Ents, Elves, Eriador and the Environmental
      Vision of J.R.R. Tolkien. Matthew Dickerson teaches at Middlebury College
      in Vermont. He teaches and speaks frequently on Tolkien, Myth, and
      Fantasy.

      The Medieval Fantasy Festival will also include games for the kids,
      vendors of crafts - medieval, and fantasy wares and trinkets, a costume
      contest, music and entertainment, plenty of good food and fun. Green,
      eco-friendly vendors, Earth Day activities, and demonstrations of old time
      skills will add to the festivities. Admission is free. Applications from
      volunteers, vendors, and entertainers are still being accepted. For more
      information, go to www.medievalfantasyfestival.com. or call (707) 451-2100
      or (707) 448-1021.