Thanks for all the help!

  • kim4fsu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2007
      Wow - you folks are amazing! I just may be able to get a discussion
      group going here in Des Moines. Spring always seems to be the best
      time to start these things.

      I sent emails to Marion VanLoo and Doug Rossman - thank you David!
      There seems to be a group in the Quad Cities and I'll be contacting
      them. I also ordered back copies of Mythprints and appreciate the
      links you sent.

      And Wendell, I do think I'll contact one of our local bookstores -
      maybe even one of the big chains - to see if they're interested in
      sponsoring a group. Great idea.

      I spent some time this afternoon doing searches. One thing that makes
      it difficult is that "fantasy" encompasses so much. From what I think
      of as classic and even mainstream fantasy to...DND and other role play
      games, which really isn't my cup of tea.

      I do think I'll plan a field trip to visit the MN group. I have
      friends in the area and it'd be good to see an established group in
      action.

      And to everyone else and their great suggestions and encouragement,
      thanks again! Any more tips, please send them my way, and I'll let you
      know how it progresses.

      Kim Jaudon