Romenna Meeting Reports

  • Margaret Dean
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2007
      David Lenander wrote:

      > Regarding Romenna, one point no-one's directly mentioned is that
      > their amazing, detailed discussion reports ran for more than 7
      > issues, and appeared in many _Mythprints_, too. No current group
      > keeps up with discussion reports as we saw them in their heydays of
      > the early 70s in the "Classic Mythprint". If you want to be
      > inspired, order up some back issues of those old Mythprints and read
      > through the discussions reported by Bonnie Callahan or Anne Osborn or
      > Stone of Avalon or others of the discussions of books in groups
      > scattered from Bowling Green, OH to Sacramento, CA, from Ann Arbor,
      > MI to the Valley of the Sun, AZ.

      Amen to that! One of the major factors that drew me to the
      Mythopoeic Society in the first place was reading back issues of
      their publications in the bookstore across the street from my
      college dorm -- including those very same discussion group
      reports. Now, of course, I have my own set of back issues. :)

      > I wonder if Margaret Dean might be
      > persuaded to post her old reports to the web, or allow them to be
      > posted. I probably don't have the whole set, but I probably could
      > come up with at least some of them, as she used to send them to me,
      > among others.

      I don't have the facilities or technical knowhow to create a
      website myself, but I'd be happy to mail copies to someone else
      who'd like to post them. Preferably someone who also has a
      scanner, so they wouldn't have to type them in by hand!

      --Margaret Dean
      <margdean@...>
    • Bonnie Callahan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18, 2007
        One of these days....want some fun?

        I was a compulsive note-taker at meetings back to late
        1968. Some of those will be a hoot to go thru
        & excerpt for group perusal. I HOPE I can share some
        at our 40th Anniversary at Mythcon this summer!

        Bonnie

        PS And then there was my "How NOT to write a Branch
        Report" parody from around 1971 or so.
        ************

      • Jeremy Edmonds
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2007
          Margaret Dean wrote...

          > I don't have the facilities or technical knowhow to create a
          > website myself, but I'd be happy to mail copies to someone else
          > who'd like to post them. Preferably someone who also has a
          > scanner, so they wouldn't have to type them in by hand!

          I would be more than happy to scan them in and host them at
          http://www.tolkienguide.com, give them a whole section to themselves.

          Jeremy

          --
          Rown's Books
          * Tolkien, SF&F and more *
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 22, 2007
            Jeremy Edmonds wrote:

            > Margaret Dean wrote...
            >
            > > I don't have the facilities or technical knowhow to create a
            > > website myself, but I'd be happy to mail copies to someone else
            > > who'd like to post them. Preferably someone who also has a
            > > scanner, so they wouldn't have to type them in by hand!
            >
            > I would be more than happy to scan them in and host them at
            > http://www.tolkienguide.com, give them a whole section to themselves.
            >
            > Jeremy
            >
            > --
            > Rown's Books
            > * Tolkien, SF&F and more *
            > 872 Loyalton Drive
            > Campbell, CA 95008 USA

            You've got it! Though I should probably warn you in advance that
            we're talking about (by my rough estimate) close to 200 pages of
            material.

            Should I use the Rown's Books mailing address above, or a
            different one (which you can send me offlist if you prefer)?

            Thanks,

            --Margaret Dean
            <margdean@...>