Re: [mythsoc] Re: new member introducing herself

  • Kim Jaudon
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 17 2:04 PM
      I live in Des Moines, Iowa. It's actually quite a nice city despite the horrid weather. I couldn't find any groups on the Mythopoeic site (I recently joined that society). It would be great if there was an existing group nearby.

      I assumed starting a group would be tough to do, however, if there's nothing in the area right now I'm more than willing to give it a go. I must admit to a certain..trepidation...though. I feel I have far more to learn than to offer at this point. Still, there may be others in the area with the same desires I have. Any help you folks are willing to give would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks so much!

      Kim

      WendellWag@... wrote:

      In a message dated 3/16/2007 8:25:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      kim4fsu@... writes:

      Hello all! I've not been a member of this group for long. I've been unable
      to find a local group of individuals willing to enter into the discussions
      that this wise group does, and so I am enjoying reading your posts a great deal.

      Where do you live? Tell us and we'll be able to tell you if there are any
      Mythopoeic Society discussion groups near where you live.

    • David Emerson
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 17 4:24 PM
        >I live in Des Moines, Iowa. ... It would be great if there was an existing group nearby.

        Well, you're halfway between the Far Westfarthing Smial in Peoria, and Rivendel in Minneapolis/StPaul, if you don't mind a 4-hour drive either way... :-)

        Naw, go ahead and start one of your own. It'll be fun!

        emerdavid

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com