Re: BAFS sites

  • Matthew Winslow
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2000
      Kim [kholec@...] wrote:
      > Are you familiar with this site on the AF books:
      >
      > http://home.epix.net/~wallison/bafs.html
      >
      > If there are any other sites on the Ballantine Adult Fantasy series, I
      > would certainly like to know about them.

      http://members.tripod.com/DonaldMoon/fantasy/BAFS1home.htm

      It has some more information, but not a motherlode.

      "No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally
      (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond."
      --C.S. Lewis
      Currently reading: Empire of Unreason by Gregory Keyes
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2000
        In a message dated 07/03/2000 2:10:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time, qiena@...
        writes:

        << I remember throwing that last installment of
        Martin's on the floor when I realized he was going to leave me dangling in
        midair. >>
        Hee hee. What about _The Mirror of Her Dreams_? LOL Author familiar but
        temporarily forgotten.

        Lizzie
      • LSolarion@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2000
          In a message dated 07/03/2000 11:10:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, qiena@...
          writes:

          << I remember throwing that last installment of
          Martin's on the floor when I realized he was going to leave me dangling in
          midair. At least other series I've read have been somewhat self-contained,
          leaving just enough yearning for the next part without the frustration.

          Sharon >>

          I felt the same way when I read _Lawmaker's War_ (I think that's right...it
          was Lawmaker's something...won't it be great when we're no longer old and
          forgetful!), and realized that Tom Dietz, who had always written single
          volumes (but with recurring characters) would leave me hanging in mid-tale
          until the second half came out a year later. Are any of you familiar with his
          work? Marvelous interaction between Faerie (of Irish myth) and mundane
          Georgia, which are parallel but tangential worlds. He has other series, but
          not as good IMHO. He just started his best series yet with _Bloodwinter_,
          about a society that values craftsmanship so highly that it organizes its
          hierarchies based on skill at artistic creation. My kind of world! Volume
          two, _Springwar_, is due out this fall. But Martin's series is too good to
          wait on.
          Steve