Re: An Invented Civilization (once more)

  • William Cloud Hicklin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
      The village in the Danny Kaye movie is Brodny, not
      Grozny. IIRC, it isn't named in Gogol's original
      play.

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, "Joe R.
      Christopher" <jchristopher@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to David and Janet for attempting to help
      me identify
      > Groznia. Janet, it couldn't have been
      influenced by _The Inspector
      > General_ (1949) because Anthony Boucher and
      Denis Green first used it in a
      > 1946 radio script (part of their "The Casebook
      of Gregory Hood"
      > contributions). David is probably right. I'm
      going to do what I should
      > have done earlier--order copies of Boucher's
      plottings from the Lilly
      > Library. If I learn something different, I'll
      report back. --Joe

    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2007
        Thanks - having heard it only once I wasn't sure, and when I looked at
        the play I didn't see a specific location named.

        Janet

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com <mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com> , "Joe