Casting Call

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2000
      Found this at the official movie site -

      "We are searching for actors to be in the feature film of J.K. Rowling's
      Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!!

      "We are looking for British children, between the ages of 9 and 11 who look
      like Harry Potter, Ron Weasley or Hermione Granger. You can become a Junior
      Talent Scout by urging them to send a recent picture and videotape to us! On
      the tape we would like potential Harrys, Rons and Hermoines to say their name
      and age, tell a joke and read a paragraph of their choice from any of the
      Harry Potter books. Be sure to include a phone number and address."

      And wait to be cast as an extra in the crowd at the Quidditch game... she
      said cynically.

      (For me the movie will be worth it if it includes a really good convincing
      visualization of the Quidditch game. Whee!)

      Incidentally, I went to some links from the TIMES interview this morning and
      in one of them "Quidditch" and "Hogwarts" are commended as evidence of JKR's
      marvelous and Dickensian gift for names... didn't that fellow from the
      Whitbread committee who roasted the book consider "Hogwarts" an example of
      how stupid she and the book were? Different strokes!

      Mary S