Best way to sell a collector's edition book?

  • sundstromlinda
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2007
      I have the red leatherish copy of The Lord of the Rings in its case -
      second edition/collector's edition - copyright 1965 that I bought at a
      library bookstore (it was donated to the book store) - even though I
      already had one in my collection - because it was THERE and because it
      was $6.00. It was dusty on the case - and the bottom of the case is
      torn/worn. The whole thing might be a tad askew, but not real
      noticably. Obviously these collector's editons were never read.

      I don't want to make a profit by selling on ebay or naywhere, I just
      wanted to rescue the book - so if any of you know anyone who might
      want it for that price - along with exact payment for shiping media
      mail or >?? Would you please let me know?

      Thanks-
      Linda
      Who can't stand to see Tolkien books lingering anywhere but on her own
      book shelves.
    • Jonathan Michael Reiter
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2007
        Say, Linda, How much did you say you wanted for the book again? I might be interested...
        Jonathan Michael Reiter
        jmr