RE: [mythsoc] Just saw "Pan's Labyrinth"

  • Hugh Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
      I have seen it. I had read a review which alluded to the violence, so I was not surprised. I found the film quite stunning visually and would actually like to see it again for some further analysis.

      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.comFrom: mneme@...: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:58:56 -0600Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Just saw "Pan's Labyrinth"

      jane Bigelow writes:>I haven't seen it yet, and now I'm not sure I want to. The trailers I >saw made it look intriguing, but if there's graphic torture then it's >not the film for me. Has anyone else seen this one?I've seen it. It's fairly brutal in bits, but there isn't reallygraphic torture per se (before and after the torture, well, yes).There are some fairly disturbing scenes, though.It -is- very well done.-- Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)--^-- "Did you know, if you increment enough, you /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'/\\ get an extra digit?" "I knew," weeps Six. |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\ /-\\\ "We knew. But we had forgotten." '---''(_/--' (_/-'

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
        In a message dated 2/5/2007 10:57:20 AM Central Standard Time,
        jbigelow@... writes:
        Linda,

        I haven't seen it yet, and now I'm not sure I want to. The trailers I
        saw made it look intriguing, but if there's graphic torture then it's
        not the film for me. Has anyone else seen this one?

        Thanks for the heads-up.

        Jane
        ---------

        I thought it was one of the most amazing, beautiful, powerful films I've ever
        ever seen. And yes, I had my hands over my eyes and my thumbs covering my
        ears through about a quarter of it. Very horrifying in parts, but necessary in a
        way. But again, I realized as I was watching it that it was one of the
        greatest films I'd seen. (Caveat being I'm in no way a film buff or film critic but
        merely a viewer.)

        Grace Walker Monk