Re: [mythsoc] Just saw "Pan's Labyrinth"

  • Joshua Kronengold
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
      jane Bigelow writes:
      >I haven't seen it yet, and now I'm not sure I want to. The trailers I
      >saw made it look intriguing, but if there's graphic torture then it's
      >not the film for me. Has anyone else seen this one?

      I've seen it. It's fairly brutal in bits, but there isn't really
      graphic torture per se (before and after the torture, well, yes).
      There are some fairly disturbing scenes, though.

      It -is- very well done.

      --
      Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
      --^-- "Did you know, if you increment enough, you /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
        I have seen it. I had read a review which alluded to the violence, so I was not surprised. I found the film quite stunning visually and would actually like to see it again for some further analysis.

        To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.comFrom: mneme@...: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 10:58:56 -0600Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Just saw "Pan's Labyrinth"

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
          In a message dated 2/5/2007 10:57:20 AM Central Standard Time,
          jbigelow@... writes:
          Linda,

          I haven't seen it yet, and now I'm not sure I want to. The trailers I
          saw made it look intriguing, but if there's graphic torture then it's
          not the film for me. Has anyone else seen this one?

          Thanks for the heads-up.

          Jane
          ---------

          I thought it was one of the most amazing, beautiful, powerful films I've ever
          ever seen. And yes, I had my hands over my eyes and my thumbs covering my
          ears through about a quarter of it. Very horrifying in parts, but necessary in a
          way. But again, I realized as I was watching it that it was one of the
          greatest films I'd seen. (Caveat being I'm in no way a film buff or film critic but
          merely a viewer.)

          Grace Walker Monk