Re: [mythsoc] Literature Abuse

  • Berni Phillips
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2000
      >From: LSolarion@...

      >In a message dated 07/01/2000 1:43:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      >verba001@... writes:
      >
      ><< 9. At a party, I will often slip off unnoticed to read.
      > Heck, yes. >>
      >
      >Not me.
      >I stay home and read instead.

      I do both. My preference is to stay home and read, but some
      times one has to go to a party to keep up the few social ties
      one has left and to keep one's spouse happy. Then one slips
      off to read while at the party. (Of course, if two slip off,
      then they can agree to just go home and read in bed.)

      Berni
    • ERATRIANO@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2000
        In a message dated 07/02/2000 11:04:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        bernip@... writes:

        << Then one slips
        off to read while at the party. (Of course, if two slip off,
        then they can agree to just go home and read in bed.) >>

        I used to do a lot of reading at social functions. That's how I read most of
        the Black Stallion books as a kid. Now I pretty much have to participate or
        at least be chasing kids. No, wait, the DH is often good about minding the
        kids and letting me chatter with my friends. Sometimes we even talk about
        books. LOL. My friends, I mean, not the DH.

        As for the comment about staying home in bed... argh, mumble mumble *Lizzie
        biting tongue* will someone please make the obvious retort? Thanks.

        Lizzie the Flirt