Re: Narnia Edited Collection (11/15/06; collection)

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
      Hi Elizabeth,

      > Has anyone else submitted proposals for this
      > collection and found out whether or not your
      > essay will be used?

      Yes, I submitted a proposal, and they've just emailed to tell me that they liked it and do, in fact, want to the see the full essay. This doesn't constitute a final acceptance, of course, but it's close enough to one for practical purposes. There will probably be a fair amount of flexibility on their part anyway, since (as I understand it), they don't have a publisher yet. They have several interested, but they hadn't inked a deal the last I heard.

      Have you heard, or are you waiting to hear? Anybody else?

      Jason Fisher
    • Elizabeth Hardy
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2007
        Hi Jason,
        I submitted two proposals. One was a paper I presented at the Witching Hour in 2005, and the other was a paper I had been planning to present at the Mid-atlantic Popular Culture Conference last fall (I was unable to attend). I haven't heard a peep yet, and I'd really like to know, since I need to make revisions to one article and finish the other one; my typing is pretty slow these days with a baby on one arm!
        I wonder if they have looked at McFarland as a publisher? It's a small but successful scholary press, and my husband and I have both published there with good results. They market largely to libraries.
        Anyone else?
        Elizabeth