Re: [mythsoc] P.S. re Tolkien's desk

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29 12:47 PM
      I do not recall seeing the desk before the Wade's new building opened in 2001. They may well have had it for a long time, but been unable to display it due to lack of room. For many years Lewis's breakfast table, now also on display in the museum, was the Wade's work table, as there was no room for anything else. I typed what became the master files of my edition of _The Masques of Amen House_ into my laptop computer on that table in 1995.

      David Bratman

      >I don't know what year the Wade acquired it; it was not there when I
      >first visited in 1983.

    • Elena Rossi
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29 3:41 PM
        --- John D Rateliff <sacnoth@...> wrote:

        > P.S.: The desk is mentioned, but not pictured or
        > detailed, at http://
        > www.wheaton.edu/wadecenter/collection/resources.html

        (de-lurking)
        There are pictures of it at