STOLZI's 2005 Christmas Greeting

  • Linda DeMars
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2006
      I am sharing with you a poem written by Stolzi that I found on my
      computer. I first met her on the Patrick O'Brian list , and later
      she introduced me to you all and to the folks on the CS. Lewis list
      Spare Oom. This was her Christmas greeting last year to the Gunroom.

      Linda DeMars

      Well, I missed the Solstice, - never noticed - but as the other holidays
      come upon us, I wish all in the Gunroom happy holidays.

      A Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate the noble Feast of Lights

      A Merry Christmas to those who celebrate the tender Feast of the
      Nativity

      A Happy New Year to all. May it be blessed.

      As a small Christmas offering appropriate to this Year of Narnia, I
      include
      a poem I wrote some years ago; as it's got religious content, it will be
      below my signature to be ignored if you like.

      A sad, brutish grobian, [IM, p45]

      Mary S
      35° 58' 11" N
      86° 48' 57" W

      STAR OVER NARNIA

      So clear, so silver-shrill, aloft and far,
      High over Narnia sings a star.
      He sings above, and here below
      In Lantern Waste a lamp will glow;
      Young fauns will sit in spellbound row
      To hear a tale of long ago.

      And in Cair Paravel tonight,
      The feast is laid, the fires are bright,
      The wine is poured, and rulers great
      Sit in their wise and lofty state -
      But all, like Lucy, with laughing heart
      (For she has chosen the better part)
      Now feel the rough embrace,
      Now see the shining face
      Of Lion's love.

      Father of Aslan, Emperor over Sea,
      Send us, us too, a light,
      Here where our earth falls deeper into night -
      A light from Thee.

      To be removed from the GUNROOM list send a blank message to
      UNSUBSCRIBE-GUNROOM@...