wind in the willows

  • John D Rateliff
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2006
      Speaking of film adaptations of children's fantasy, did anyone else
      see the live-action WIND IN THE WILLOWS that was broadcast on CBC
      (the Canadian Broadcast Channel) on Monday night? Their Mole was very
      obviously a hobbit in Monaghan/Boyd mode, Ratty a sort of sensible
      Bertie Wooster (if that makes sense), and Badger an archetypical
      gruff old squire; the Wild Wooders reminded me a little of Wild Boys
      from that old Duran Duran video, unfortunately. I thought the first
      half (centered on Mole and Ratty) better than the second hour, which
      Toad pretty much took over, but at least it was better than the thing
      some ex-Pythons put out a few years back. They left out the "Piper at
      the Gates of Dawn" scene altogether.

      --JDR