Re: [mythsoc] Ozma, Freddy, Carbonel

  • Bill West
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
      Borders now has a three volume "Chronicles of Oz" series.
      Each volume is an omnibus with at least 6 of the OZ books
      and are packaged in bright green imitation leather covers with
      gold print on the covers and that gilt edge look to the pages.
      I didn't even know we had them in stock until a customer asked
      for the Wizard of Oz, and I found volumes 1 and 2 shelved
      in the adult section Pricc is $19.95 ,btw. I think perhaps Baum's
      books might be in the public domain now since these are "Borders

      Alan Garner and Rosemary Sutcliffe (one of my favorite writers)
      are scarce but thanks to Summer Reading Lists we have some
      of their books and I get to handsell them to parents looking for
      books for children who've torn through Rowling and Lewis.