Re: [mythsoc] Re: the book

  • Dean Rowley
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2006
      One of my friends once said that the only thing missing from the book was a trickster figure. It immediately occurred to me that a poetry-speaking, LSD-induced, hippy-living, Maia-of-slackers being who hung out with a River Daughter and pushed around angry trees probably fills the part. Specially because in his letters Tolkien said he had no idea where Bombadil came from and he never tried to explain him other than he added something to the story.

      Dean Rowley