Re: [mythsoc] Re: Film Buffs vs. Rebuffs

  • Walkermonk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2006
      Both I and Carl H. were called, and I quote, "absolute fools" for thinking
      the movies are terrible. We didn't call the person who said this anything; we
      weren't even talking to her, but to each other. As I've said before, I've
      friends who love the movie. They aren't idiots or fools or ignorant of Tolkien's
      works. I strongly believe, however, that the books don't matter as much to
      them as they do to me. And I'm still waiting for a movie-lover to grant that my
      reaction is as valid and has as many if not more good reasons behind it as
      their reaction. Hasn't happened, and I doubt it ever will. Instead I just get
      more of the same: separate the two, lighten up, let it go. When I've never,
      and I mean never, been the person to start the conversation.

      Grace Walker Monk

      --- Wendell Wagner wrote:
      > And, on the other side, let those of us who don't like, not like it,
      without
      > taking it personally.

      Yes, absolutely. I don't take it personally that you don't like the films,
      Wendell.

      > I've been told that I'm a contemptible geek for not
      > liking the film.

      That's horrible. I would certainly never say anything like that (and I've
      been called similar names myself).

      Jase