Re: [mythsoc] ADMIN: Merger FAQ

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
      Wendell! I didn't know you were such a great satirist! (Must have come
      from hanging around with Mary Stolzenbach too much before she moved to
      Tennessee <g>)

      Nevertheless I fear that some of this may actually come to be. Not long
      ago I got a phone call from a bank that wanted me to sign up with their
      long-distance service. This reminded me of the bad old days when banks
      gave away toasters. I said I preferred to get my banking services from a
      bank and my phone services from a phone company. The caller seemed
      puzzled by this. "Perhaps I feel this way because I'm over forty years
      old," I said. "How old are you?" "Sixteen," he replied.

      David Bratman