Re: [mythsoc] Hogwarts' locales

  • David S. Bratman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2000
      On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Ted Sherman wrote:

      > By the way, if I remember my San Jose history correctly (having been born and
      > raised there), Mrs. Winchester was in a tower of the house when the San
      > Francisco earthquake of '06 hit. The tower collapsed, killing her.

      She was in her bedroom, or some such room, and when the quake shifted the
      house, the door got stuck and it took some hours for her to be rescued.
      Mrs Winchester was a nervous and superstitutious person at the best of
      times, and this didn't help.

      She died of natural causes several years later.

      David Bratman
      - not responsible for the following earthquake -