Alan Lee's cover art for Children of Húrin.

  • Merlin DeTardo
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
      TolkienLibrary.com has the cover art for the Dutch edition of The
      Children of Húrin, which appears to show Mablung watching Glaurung
      exit from Nargothrond (en route to his meeting with Nienor on Amon
      Ethir). The Tolkien Library report appears here:

      http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/children-of-hurin-cover.htm

      And there is a larger image of the cover here:

      http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/images/9022547647.gif

      Glaurung is nicely wormlike.

      (hat tip: TheOneRing.net)

      -Merlin DeTardo
    • Merlin DeTardo
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
        TheOneRing.net reports a message from HarperCollins:

        http://www.theonering.net/archives/main_news/12.01.06-12.07.06

        indicating that Alan Lee's image of Mablung and Glaurung is *not* the
        final art for the cover of The Children of Húrin; there's no update
        on the TolkienLibrary.com site, where the image was posted yesterday.

        I still like the dragon's appearance.

        -Merlin DeTardo

        >>---"Merlin DeTardo" <emptyD@...> wrote:
        >>> TolkienLibrary.com has the cover art for the Dutch edition of
        The Children of Húrin...
        >>> http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/images/9022547647.gif
      • taleofgondolin
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7 2:28 AM
          It seems a lot of people do ask me the same questions over and over
          again. All are very excited about the new Tolkien book and all want to
          know so many things about it! So I send some questions to HarperCollins
          and made it into THE CHILDREN OF HURIN FAQ
          <http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/press/Children-of-Hurin-FAQ.htm> . Once
          I will have more frequently asked questions, i'll try and get an answer
          from HarperCollins and make this Faq even bigger.