Re: [mythsoc] ADMIN: Merger FAQ

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
      verba001@... writes:

      << eGroups/Onelist is merging once again--with Yahoo (yes, eGroups and
      Onelist
      just merged on April 1). >>

      Congratulations on joining the Yahoo/Disney/Microsoft/McDonalds/Coca Cola
      family of fine products. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

      We have noticed that your mailing list is discussing fantasy. To ensure
      uniformity, we would like to remind you that all discussion of fantasy must
      involve one of our excellent Disney products.

      We are now switching over to an e-mail format that can only be read only on a
      Windows system, so be sure that your computer is compatible with this.

      We will soon be sending you an e-coupon for a free Coke with the Big Mac
      which you enjoy as you read postings from this group.
    • David S. Bratman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
        Wendell! I didn't know you were such a great satirist! (Must have come
        from hanging around with Mary Stolzenbach too much before she moved to
        Tennessee <g>)

        Nevertheless I fear that some of this may actually come to be. Not long
        ago I got a phone call from a bank that wanted me to sign up with their
        long-distance service. This reminded me of the bad old days when banks
        gave away toasters. I said I preferred to get my banking services from a
        bank and my phone services from a phone company. The caller seemed
        puzzled by this. "Perhaps I feel this way because I'm over forty years
        old," I said. "How old are you?" "Sixteen," he replied.

        David Bratman