Return to the Ruby Slippers & Oz, oops

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2006
      That movie was in 1985, not the '70s--I meant to correct that before
      I sent the message. This might easily be confusing as there WAS an
      earlier _Return to Oz_ cartoon, which I think probably appeared in
      the 70s, and it was not very good. I think it attempted to follow the
      '39 movie, rather than the books, but I don't recall it very well.

      On Dec 6, 2006, at 6:30 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > I do think that the ruby slippers were an improvement on the silver
      > shoes, in terms of their appearance on the technicolor screen, and
      > unlike the unfortunate transformations about which people have been
      > complaining in Jackson's films, I think that the '39 Oz movie
      > sacrificed nothing in the process. I wasn't a bit bothered by the
      > reuse of them in place of the Magic Belt in the '70s film, _Return to
      > Oz_, also excellent--if flawed, by the way.

      David Lenander
      d-lena@...
      2095 Hamline Ave. N.
      Roseville, MN 55113