Re: [mythsoc] Re: The Hobbits Weep

  • juliet@firinn.org
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 5, 2006
      On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 01:17:40AM -0000, William Cloud Hicklin wrote:
      > It's more than that- it's that PJ doesn't *understand*
      > Tolkien.

      I'm just metooen, but I tuned out after Saruman's "come to the dark side,
      Gandalf" speech. That was enough indication that Jackson didn't know what
      he was doing with the philosophy of LOTR. He missed nearly every important
      thing Tolkien had to say about human nature, tossed out subtlety of
      language, and by the time he did that, what was the point? It could
      have been a movie of any not-too-awful Tolclone.