Re: [mythsoc] Re: About dwarves and their connection with nordic myth ...

  • alexeik@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 2, 2006
      From: solicitr@...
      To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 7:02 PM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Re: About dwarves and their connection with nordic myth ...

      Although I
      believe he cribbed the Brandybucks' names (Meriadoc,
      Gorbadoc, Saradoc) from Medieval Welsh. <<

      That, and even more from mediaeval Cornish and Breton. Alexei >
      .
      AActuaActua
    • Larry Swain
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 4, 2006

        > I work also about other interrestings things about Tolkien's dwarves
        > like death/size/women/magical object (in fact in Letters Tolkien
        > says 'Magic is Art' and the dwarves are Aulë childrens ....). Did you
        > read french freely ?
        > I can tell you that your lecture notes can be very interresting to me
        > if you can send them to my mailbox ?
        >
        > Anglin.

        Anglin,

        I'll be happy to send them along when I've finished them, pretty basic though. And yes, I read French.

        ljs