Re: [mythsoc] Greetings, Gentlemen - an introduction of sorts

  • Walter Padgett
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
      Welcome James.

      This list is the best. Keep coming back.

      Regards, Walter Padgett

      On 12/1/06, auricdor <auricdor@...> wrote:

      > I'm new to the group - although I have a longstanding interest in the
      > Mythopoeic Society (going back to my early teens) and in the Inklings
      > in particular, as well as a deep and abiding respect for their work.
      >
      > Some of you are already aware of this to a degree having seen some of
      > the (gah!) hype associated with the film rights sale to my novel,
      > HERE, THERE BE DRAGONS.
      >
      > Since some of the concerns voices here were not dissimilar to those in
      > other forums, I thought it might be helpful to direct those of you who
      > are interested to an interview I did regarding this project:
      >
      > http://www.theonering.com/articles/19990,1.html
      >
      > Outside of that, there's little substitute for having direct access to
      > the author to ask questions of and get answers from, so I hope you'll
      > feel open to ask whatever you'd like.
      >
      > Best regards to you all -
      >
      > James A. Owen

    • auricdor
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
        Thank you, Walter! It's already been very helpful, and very
        interesting to read what's gone before.

        I'm certainly not the Tolkien scholar I once was (twenty years ago!)
        so I hope I can keep up.

        I also had read (and in one case, responded to) some criticisms of my
        work posted here - which I have to say, was rather refreshing. I've
        largely been having to contend with readers who know much LESS about
        the Inklings than I do (including one reviewer who claimed I'd
        'invented' the Charles Williams character as a viewpoint character for
        Tolkien and Lewis...) so again, I'm happy to be here.

        Best,

        James