Re: [mythsoc] Harry Potter

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 100 , Jun 30, 2000
      In a message dated 6/29/00 9:07:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
      bernip@... writes:

      > Not to mention that the school administration was decidedly against the
      > presence of the Dementors. They were foisted upon them and were there
      > primarily for the protection of the students and staff.

      Well, yes, but the Dementors =are= used by the overall Witch government
      (Shadow Government?) as prison guards and all that.

      And it's true about the Hat and its assignments, but remember that system is
      set up and tolerated by the school administrators - in fact one of them
      presumably =made= the Hat in the distant past.

      As for tormenting Percy, I think it's Holy Tradition to torment the prefects,
      isn't it?

      Mary S
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni