Re: The hobbits weep - The Boston Globe

  • William Cloud Hicklin
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      This may or may not fall within forum rules; if it does,
      here goes:

      There is a quixotic counter-petition, "Keep Jackson's Hands
      Off 'The Hobbit'!" at:

      http://www.PetitionOnline.com/imrahil/

      I realize that this is spitting in the ocean: but at the
      very least it might disabuse the press of the notion that
      all Tolkien readers worship at the feet of Jackson and his
      action flicks.

      -WCH

      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Catherine Boyle
      <ccampboyle@...> wrote:

      > *De-lurking*
      >
      > The Boston Globe weighs in on the question of Peter
      Jackson, New Line
      > and The Hobbit movie:
      >
      > http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/
      editorials/articles/2006/11/30/the_hobbits_weep/

      > Cathy Boyle
      >
      > (I read this list on digest; I'm assuming no-one has
      posted this link yet.)

    • Walter Padgett
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        Valiant, William C.

        A cause to which we all should think about defending, no doubt.

        Let the wars begin, I say. Strive on, weeping Hobbits. Strive toward
        Mordor!

        Swarm the dark tower with all our might, and maybe the King with return once
        again!

        To Battle! To Arms! To defeat, if necessary. But bring Ye your hope.

        "We shall never surrender!"

        !!!