The hobbits weep - The Boston Globe

  • Catherine Boyle
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      *De-lurking*

      The Boston Globe weighs in on the question of Peter Jackson, New Line
      and The Hobbit movie:

      http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/editorials/articles/2006/11/30/the_hobbits_weep/

      Cathy Boyle

      (I read this list on digest; I'm assuming no-one has posted this link yet.)
    • William Cloud Hicklin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
        This may or may not fall within forum rules; if it does,
        here goes:

        There is a quixotic counter-petition, "Keep Jackson's Hands
        Off 'The Hobbit'!" at:

        http://www.PetitionOnline.com/imrahil/

        I realize that this is spitting in the ocean: but at the
        very least it might disabuse the press of the notion that
        all Tolkien readers worship at the feet of Jackson and his
        action flicks.

        -WCH

        --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Catherine Boyle
        <ccampboyle@...> wrote:

        > *De-lurking*
        >
        > The Boston Globe weighs in on the question of Peter
        Jackson, New Line
        > and The Hobbit movie:
        >
        > http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/
        editorials/articles/2006/11/30/the_hobbits_weep/

        > Cathy Boyle
        >
        > (I read this list on digest; I'm assuming no-one has
        posted this link yet.)

      • Walter Padgett
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
          Valiant, William C.

          A cause to which we all should think about defending, no doubt.

          Let the wars begin, I say. Strive on, weeping Hobbits. Strive toward
          Mordor!

          Swarm the dark tower with all our might, and maybe the King with return once
          again!

          To Battle! To Arms! To defeat, if necessary. But bring Ye your hope.

          "We shall never surrender!"

          !!!