RE: [mythsoc] Re: J. Chance / Tolkien Encyclopedia

  • Larry Swain
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 30, 2006
      Beth wrote:

      > And *yet*, And *yet*, I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread that
      > year after year she organizes Tolkien discussion groups at the MLA
      > meetings. Even when not maybe a wise thing to do in those circles.

      Hey Beth,
      I wasn't aware of the MLA meetings....I'm surprised. I don't always attend MLA but I did last year and am sorry to hear if I missed Tolkien sessions...esp. since unlike the International Congress on Medieval Studies, I'm usually bored at MLA with not enough to attend rather than too much. Anyway I've only skimmed this years's subject index and didn't note ant Tolkien sessions, but if you know of somw=e, please let me know!!

      Larry Swain

      Powered by Outblaze
    • Diane Joy Baker
      Message 57 of 57 , Dec 4, 2006
        Well said; I've little love for PoMo. Off topic, anyway, and I prefer to discuss lit crit and literature I *like.* ---djb