Re: [mythsoc] Prince Caspian Movie?

  • David Emerson
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
      >Has anyone heard anything lately about how the projected film of
      >PRINCE CASPIAN (sequel to last year's excellent -- I thought --
      >THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE) is coming along? Just
      >curious.

      According to the indispensible IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base, www.imdb.com), the film's status is "Pre-production". The cast list (which for movies in this stage usually indicates *confirmed* cast) consists of the 4 Pevensie children and Liam Neeson as the voice of Aslan; no other cast listed as yet. Release date is listed as 16 May 2008 in both U.K. and U.S.A. Screenplay by director Andrew Adamson, who did the first movie.

      emerdavid

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • Margaret Dean
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
        Jonathan Michael Reiter wrote:

        > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on my copies
        > of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One I'm working on
        > specifically, is the first one; The Magician's Nephew...

        Actually the first one is THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE,
        though you'll get plenty of argument on that. :)

        --Margaret Dean
        <margdean@...>
      • William Cloud Hicklin
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
          --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Michael Reiter
          <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

          > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on
          my copies of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One
          I'm working on specifically, is the first one; The
          Magician's Nephew...

          <*ahem*> Harrumph. To crusty old curmudgeons, the first
          Chronicle is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: and the
          publisher's justification for renumbering the series is
          entirely specious. The proper reading order is the order of
          publication. </oldfogeydom>
        • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
              Why, yes, so I see and hear...
              I suppose I should read them in order of Publication...
              However, it is quite interesting despite reading them in the order I'm reading them...
              Jonathan Michael Reiter
              jmr
              > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on
              my copies of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One
              I'm working on specifically, is the first one; The
              Magician's Nephew...

              <*ahem*> Harrumph. To crusty old curmudgeons, the first
              Chronicle is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: and the
              publisher's justification for renumbering the series is
              entirely specious. The proper reading order is the order of
              publication. </oldfogeydom>

            • Jonathan Michael Reiter
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                Yes, As I just finished being told...
                Jonathan Michael Reiter
                jmr
                > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on my copies
                > of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One I'm working on
                > specifically, is the first one; The Magician's Nephew...

                Actually the first one is THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE,
                though you'll get plenty of argument on that. :)

                --Margaret Dean
                <margdean@...>

              • Diane Joy Baker
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006