Re: [mythsoc] Prince Caspian Movie?

  • Jonathan Michael Reiter
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
      I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on my copies of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One I'm working on specifically, is the first one; The Magician's Nephew...
      I am also still plodding through J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books; Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, as well as the latest Harry Potter. (The Title of that one escapes me right now.)
      Jonathan Michael Reiter
      jmr
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
        >Has anyone heard anything lately about how the projected film of
        >PRINCE CASPIAN (sequel to last year's excellent -- I thought --
        >THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE) is coming along? Just
        >curious.

        According to the indispensible IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base, www.imdb.com), the film's status is "Pre-production". The cast list (which for movies in this stage usually indicates *confirmed* cast) consists of the 4 Pevensie children and Liam Neeson as the voice of Aslan; no other cast listed as yet. Release date is listed as 16 May 2008 in both U.K. and U.S.A. Screenplay by director Andrew Adamson, who did the first movie.

        emerdavid

        PeoplePC Online
        A better way to Internet
        http://www.peoplepc.com
      • Margaret Dean
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
          Jonathan Michael Reiter wrote:

          > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on my copies
          > of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One I'm working on
          > specifically, is the first one; The Magician's Nephew...

          Actually the first one is THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE,
          though you'll get plenty of argument on that. :)

          --Margaret Dean
          <margdean@...>
        • William Cloud Hicklin
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
            --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Michael Reiter
            <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

            > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on
            my copies of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One
            I'm working on specifically, is the first one; The
            Magician's Nephew...

            <*ahem*> Harrumph. To crusty old curmudgeons, the first
            Chronicle is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe: and the
            publisher's justification for renumbering the series is
            entirely specious. The proper reading order is the order of
            publication. </oldfogeydom>
          • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                Why, yes, so I see and hear...
                I suppose I should read them in order of Publication...
                However, it is quite interesting despite reading them in the order I'm reading them...
                Jonathan Michael Reiter
                jmr

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                  Yes, As I just finished being told...
                  Jonathan Michael Reiter
                  jmr
                  > I haven't heard anything either... I'm still working on my copies
                  > of the Narnia Chronicles by C.S. Lewis... The One I'm working on
                  > specifically, is the first one; The Magician's Nephew...

                  Actually the first one is THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE,
                  though you'll get plenty of argument on that. :)

                  --Margaret Dean
                  <margdean@...>

                • Diane Joy Baker
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006