Re: [mythsoc] reading chat

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2000
      > C'mon gang, summer reading, what's the scoop? I'm still slowly reading
      the
      > Coelacanth book (A Fish Caught in Time, which I recommend to those who may
      be
      > interested), as well as some amateur fantasy cowritten with a friend.
      Don't
      > get near enough time to work on that, nuh uh.

      Just finished *Timelines* by Chricton---an interesting mix of quantumn
      physics and the middle ages. Guy does a lot of research; the bibliography
      he included is extensive for a fiction author, and it's fascinating to see
      him include it. (Anyone know of any other fiction authors who include
      bibliographies in the back to highlight the research they did?) I plan to
      read *Children of God* next, along with Lynn Marzzuli's *Nephilim.* I'm
      well into that one; pretty fast read, but I'll reserve other judgements
      until after I'm done. Lynn occasionally corresponds via e-mail with folks
      on the Christian Fandom list. ---djb.