Harry Potter

  • Stolzi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 100 , Jun 29, 2000
      This sounds authentic but I don't have a source:

      Potter's Pagan Links

      Officials at Britain's Canterbury Cathedral rejected requests from film
      giants Warner Brothers to shoot scenes of the upcoming Harry Potter movie in
      the historic location -because of the script's pagan imagery. The gothic
      cathedral was to be the setting for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and
      Wizardry but officials were worried the move might offend their parishioners.
      A spokesman for the Very Rev. John Simpson says, "For ourselves, we did not
      think the books posed problems. But other people might take offense and so we
      had to say no." British actors Robbie Coltrane and Tim Roth are to star in
      Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) which is costing Warner Bros
      $135 million to make.

      Robbie Coltrane as WHO?

      Mary S
    • Berni Phillips
      Message 100 of 100 , Aug 17, 2005
        From: "Stolzi" <Stolzi@...>

        > http://www.comics.com/comics/nancy/archive/nancy-20050817.html
        >
        > or
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/c5mr8

        Wow, I didn't know they were still publishing Nancy! I see they've updated
        the look of her aunt's but not Nancy herself. I guess it would be like
        Blondie and Dagwood getting different hairstyles. They're all prisoners of
        their hairdos.

        Berni