Witches and wizards in literature quiz

  • David Lenander
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      To what book is this question referring?
      Mildred Hubble is the worst witch at Mrs Cackle's Academy for Witches.
      But who's the teacher's pet?

      On Nov 1, 2006, at 3:23 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > 2.
      > Witches and wizards in literature quiz
      > Posted by: "David Bratman" dbratman@...   dbratman1
      >
      > Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:18 pm (PST)
      > <http://books.guardian.co.uk/quiz/questions/0,,1338062,00.html>
      >
      > Should be dead easy for many readers of this list.

      David Lenander, Library Manager
      University of Minnesota Bio-Medical Library Access Services
      Diehl Hall / 505 Essex SE, / Mpls., MN 55455

      Phone: work: (612) 626-3375 fax: (612) 626-2454 home: (651) 292-8887;
      (651) 697-1807
      e-mail: d-lena@... web-page:
      http://umn.edu/~d-lena/OnceUponATime.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        At 11:37 AM 11/1/2006 -0600, David Lenander wrote:

        >To what book is this question referring?
        >>Mildred Hubble is the worst witch at Mrs Cackle's Academy for Witches.
        >>But who's the teacher's pet?

        _The Worst Witch_ (and sequels) by Jill Murphy, a book that would
        definitely be considered a Harry Potter ripoff if it hadn't happened to
        have been published in 1974.

        I've never read it, but I got the question right on the quiz anyway.

        - David Bratman