Witches and wizards in literature quiz

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      <http://books.guardian.co.uk/quiz/questions/0,,1338062,00.html>

      Should be dead easy for many readers of this list.
    • David Lenander
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
        To what book is this question referring?
        Mildred Hubble is the worst witch at Mrs Cackle's Academy for Witches.
        But who's the teacher's pet?

        On Nov 1, 2006, at 3:23 AM, mythsoc@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > 2.
        > Witches and wizards in literature quiz
        > Posted by: "David Bratman" dbratman@...   dbratman1
        >
        > Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:18 pm (PST)
        > <http://books.guardian.co.uk/quiz/questions/0,,1338062,00.html>
        >
        > Should be dead easy for many readers of this list.

        David Lenander, Library Manager
        University of Minnesota Bio-Medical Library Access Services
        Diehl Hall / 505 Essex SE, / Mpls., MN 55455

        Phone: work: (612) 626-3375 fax: (612) 626-2454 home: (651) 292-8887;
        (651) 697-1807
        e-mail: d-lena@... web-page:
        http://umn.edu/~d-lena/OnceUponATime.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
          At 11:37 AM 11/1/2006 -0600, David Lenander wrote:

          >To what book is this question referring?
          >>Mildred Hubble is the worst witch at Mrs Cackle's Academy for Witches.
          >>But who's the teacher's pet?

          _The Worst Witch_ (and sequels) by Jill Murphy, a book that would
          definitely be considered a Harry Potter ripoff if it hadn't happened to
          have been published in 1974.

          I've never read it, but I got the question right on the quiz anyway.

          - David Bratman