reading chat

  • ERATRIANO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2000
      In a message dated 06/29/2000 2:06:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      dbratman@... writes:

      << I personally find it difficult to digest almost any recent fantasy
      bestseller (Robert Jordan, David Eddings, to name two I've seriously
      tried), except for the Harry Potter books, which go down easy. >>

      LOL yes Potter goes down fast, kind of the way I used to read Louis L'Amour
      or Travis McGee (yes, one is an author the other a character). I am biased
      against Jordan, Eddings, DragonLance and so on by having worked briefly in a
      bookstore and seen only boys of a certain age come in for so many of them.
      Although Jordan has looked tempting. I do like Sheri S. Tepper, although
      some of her stuff is a little wierd she is kind of haunting. I don't read
      much lately, so am kind of off the preferred Inkling-inspired track these few
      years. Also I love C.S. Friedman. Boy do I ever.

      C'mon gang, summer reading, what's the scoop? I'm still slowly reading the
      Coelacanth book (A Fish Caught in Time, which I recommend to those who may be
      interested), as well as some amateur fantasy cowritten with a friend. Don't
      get near enough time to work on that, nuh uh.

      Lizzie