Re: Santorum evokes Tolkien

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 26, 2006
      --- Original Message ---
      From: "Carl F. Hostetter" <Aelfwine@...>

      > Hm:
      >
      > "I guess it is that Santorum and Bush have more similarities than were
      originally
      > thought"
      >
      > ">So what's the equivalent of throwing the ring into Mount
      > >Doom for the Iraq war?
      > Throwing George Bush into Mount Doom?"

      Speculating on whether the situation is applicable, and to what degree.

      > "I have a feeling this is another GWB in the making"
      >
      > "Yes, Santorum's analogy is alarming."

      Speculating on whether the analogy is applicable.

      > "[Quoting another:] the
      > Eye was US public opinion, Frodo and Sam were Bush and Cheney, and the
      > Ring they were trying to throw into Mt Doom was the Constitution."

      Speculating on whether the analogy is applicable.

      The same applies to your later speculations in a later message. I'm allowing
      your comments, just as I allowed the earlier ones.

      Joan
      Still Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc List Administrator
    • ajkjr1
      Message 39 of 39 , Oct 29, 2006
        Here is a copy of the poem, it is in The Fellowship of The Ring.

        The Road goes ever on and on
        Down from the door where it began.
        Now far ahead the Road has gone,
        And I must follow, if I can,